Ukhuni has committed to sustainability by engaging both employees and customers in sustainable practices.
The Triple Bottom Line is the financial, social and environmental effect of a company’s policies and actions, which determine its viability as a sustainable organisation. Ukhuni’s belief is that sustainability is measured within the framework of the triple bottom line, going beyond the traditional measure of profit, return on investment and shareholder value to include both environmental and social dimensions. Profits, people and the planet are considered in equal measure.
Ukhuni has committed to sustainability by engaging both employees and customers in sustainable practices in order to improve their environments, utilise resources efficiently and effectively, and create sustainable workspaces for customers.
Short and long term goals are based on the four core objectives:
- Sustainable product design
- Energy management
- Waste management and recycling
- Social responsibility
Ukhuni has prioritised the environment by allocating budget to a number of initiatives which ensure that the business is run, and product produced, in a sustainable way. Ukhuni’s carbon footprint is audited by Promethium Carbon in accordance with ISO 14064-1. Our initiatives include:
- Ukhuni offers furniture systems that are Global Greentag certified (Level C).
- Ukhuni is an active member of the Green Building Council of South Africa
- Ukhuni follows Australian Eco-Label and European Greenery Standards.
- Board products used are compliant with Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) standards, and rated E1. These are the highest standards worldwide for green-rated board based products.
- Ukhuni uses ABS edging products, which are manufactured from recycled materials, and are, in turn, recyclable. These are applied with water-based adhesives as opposed to catalyst-based adhesives, a practice which eliminates emissions.
- All metal and aluminium components are recyclable.
- The substantial lifespan of Ukhuni’s product ranges also has a positive effect on the environment.
- Ukhuni has a management system for the consumption of electricity, water and compressed air. This system has reduced use of these resources by approximately 20%.
- Ukhuni has set up its own waste management company for the handling and recycling of waste and product scrap. The service has been extended to other customers in the Wynberg area.
- Ukhuni has implemented a transport system for its staff. This eliminates the need for multiple taxis and routes, thereby reducing overall transport emissions. As this service is dedicated to staff alone, it is far more reliable than public transport, and prevents lengthy waits at taxi ranks.
- All of Ukhuni’s printed marketing collateral is printed on FSC or recycled paper, and gifting is eco-friendly and supports local initiatives.
Our valued clients
Sit down with us
Book a consultation
Please contact us to make an appointment
10 4th Street
+27 11 887 - 9243
Copyright Ukhuni 2019